Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegetable Fritters Made with Leftovers

Go down

Vegetable Fritters Made with Leftovers Empty Vegetable Fritters Made with Leftovers

Post by gina68gt Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:12 pm

Ingredients

• 600 g of leftover cooked vegetables (I used swede & carrot mash, roast parsnips and rosemary roast potatoes with a tiny bit of braised red cabbage)
  • 1 tsp your favourite curry powder , chilli powder or smoked paprika (I’ve used both zhug and smoked paprika to good effect)
  • 1 large egg
  • 50 g wholemeal flour
  • salt & pepper to taste (I just used a pinch of sea salt as my vegetables were already seasoned)
  • 1 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil

Instructions

• Roughly mash all of the vegetables together in a large bowl.
  • Stir in your spice mix of choice then beat in the egg, followed by the flour and any salt and pepper you’d like to add.
  • Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Drop in heaped tablespoons of the vegetable mixture, placing them well apart. Flatten them a little with the back of the spoon and shape into rounds. I got four into my pan.
  • Fry for about five minutes on one side, then flip over and fry for 3-4 minutes on the other side. If it looks like the fritters might burn, turn the heat down a little.
  • Repeat the process until all of the mixture has been used up.
  • Serve hot with yogurt sauce or tomato sauce. Coleslaw, salad or a green vegetable of choice make a good accompaniment.

Last edited by Raeja on Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : making more readable)
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down