Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easy Cheesy Potatoes

Go down

Easy Cheesy Potatoes Empty Easy Cheesy Potatoes

Post by Raeja Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:49 am

EASY CHEESY POTATOES

serves 8

Ingredients:

3 pounds diced potatoes or 30 ounces country style hash browns
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
1 cup condensed cream of chicken, cream of cheddar, or cream of mushroom soup (I used the whole can)
1/4 cup chopped green onions (I used a small yellow onion chopped)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided (sharp will give more flavor I think ~ I used colby jack but won't again)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish (I used the butter flavored spray)

If using fresh potaoes, cut in half and place in a saucepan with cold water.  Cook on Medium High heat until fork tender.  Drain and allow to cool slightly then dice them up.

Melt the butter, add sour cream, soup, onion, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.

Toss in the potatoes (or frozen hash brown potatoes) and combine.  Spread into the prepared baking dish.

Top with remaining cheese (or more if you like lots of cheese like we do) and bake about 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.

NOTE:
optional topping: For a crunchy topping, you can combine 1-1/2 cups cornflakes, slightly crushed with 4 tablespoons of melted butter and put this on top of the potatoes before baking.  I would suggest if you want to try this, put the cheese over the corn flakes.

Back to top Go down