Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023

2 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023

Post by Raeja Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:32 pm

I was still hungry so I made a diced turkey sandwich with real mayo and cheese slices on Organic whole grain bread

Back to top Go down

What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023

Post by Raeja Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:01 pm

Came home From Danny's visitation.  We really did not want to stay for the funeral as it would start around the time I am getting ready for bed.  Came home and blended up some Dinty Moore Beef Stew for Don.  I heated up the Thanksgiving Day after casserole.  Added some Asian Sweet and Spicy Sauce.  Not bad.  Don said it was good but a little dry.  I don't think he heated it up enough to get the moist texture but this is one that is better as soon as it is made.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:24 am

I was so bloody cold when I got home from work  I made myself the rest of the Butternut squash soup with ritz crackers and some Pa-Lo Duck Asian noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:16 pm

I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. 

For dinner I made a 19.29 lb. stuffed turkey with homemade gravy. Also potatoes, squash, corn dinner rolls, my fruit salad, garlic dip and chips and I got a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie. I was so tired when I got done cooking and cleaning.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:20 am

Trying to be creative, to accomodate Don being on a "Full Liquid Diet". I am making stuff that he can eat without having to chew. Today I am making my version of a "Thanksgiving Day Layered Casserole with leftovers" He is talkinjg about having some more of the "Day after Thanksgiving soup that I have blended up.

I did have a few tablespoons of Cheesy Potato Soup that was left that had not been blended up yet. Waiting for the casserole. Really time consuming to have to pretty much mince everything before making.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:03 am

Wednesday, I made my version of Potato Soup. I only had little cloves of garlic so had to guesstimate.  May have been a little too much. I blended up some for Don but looks like he did not eat it.  With all the stress that we had to deal with on Wednesday, self explanitory.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:49 pm

Glad the soup turned out!

The kids wanted to go out. J did not. They had wings and waffle fries and I had a brisket, bacon, lettuce and tomato with mayo on Texas toast and waffle fries. We also had cheese curds and I tried fried pickles for the first time. They were not bad. J wanted ice cream so we got sundaes to bring home.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:18 am

Tuesday I finally made the "Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Soup" with my own twists, of course.  OMG!!!  It was AMAZING!  Don wanted me to blend up some more for later, when I would be sleeping.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:20 pm

Jon had a Mc Rib and fries for lunch. I had a burger with lettuce, tomato, onions, mayo and catsup and fries. J had two hot dogs and chips. 

For dinner we are having Chicken Picatta with capers and linguine. The guys will also have white wine.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:26 pm

Went for a late lunch at a Chinese Buffet. Had egg drop soup, glass noodles, egg fu young, veggies, shrimp and crab meat and much more. 

Debating about making the guys something to munch on or they will want to eat at midnight lol
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:13 pm

Blended up Chunky Chicken Soup for Don and added the small amount of Chunky Chicken Dumpling soup.

I have been bust getting stuff ready to make the "Day after Thanksgiving Soup" that Don has been thinking I was making for a number of days now.

I made Bean Clear Soup Ramens.  If I had been smart at the time (not clearance price) I would have realized that meant glass noodles.  I am by far not a fan of glass noodles but I guess that is what I am having for lunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:26 am

I had a hash brown and Sausage Egg McMuffin on the way home from work.  I brought home a strawberry shake for Don, hope he wants it.

He did like the butternut squash soup.  I can make that one again later on.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:14 pm

For breakfast we had eggs, bacon, hash browns with onions and toast. Jon wanted a ham, egg and cheese sandwich on a toasted hard roll. 

For dinner we are having rib eye steaks, baked potatoes with butter, salads and the guys are having grilled bread with grainy mustard. Made some frosted sugar cookies for dessert.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:49 am

I ate a sausage egg McMuffin on the way home from work. I am making Butternut Squash Soup. I looked at 4 different recipes and created one of my own from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:59 pm

For lunch we had Cajun fries, Genoa salami, cheese, cherry tomatoes, pistachios and capacola salami with white chocolate covered pretzels. They were handing sample plates out. Was pretty tasty. 

For dinner we had hard shell tacos with ground beef and ground beef enchiladas with sliced up lettuce, tomato and onions and pico and Spanish rice and also refried beans. Also a basket of taco chips with salsa. Jon had a big strawberry margarita. I had to have a sip.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:44 pm

Today I blended up more Dinty Moore Beef Stew for Don. He still has a little bit of the chicken and dumpling. Looks like he did eat a pudding pack and had some orange juice. Hard to keep up with what he is having since I am usually sleeping.

I snuck 2 cheeseburgers in on my way home from work this morning and now eating a lettuce salad with chopped onion, green pepper, carrot, celery, with 2 packets of Paul Newman creamy French dressing and a packet of Paul Newman ranch dressing topped with cottage cheese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:17 am

I had a Buddig Chicken Sandwich on Organic Whole Grain Bread with Mayo and Pa-Lo Duck Asain Noodles  Don had blended Campbell Chunky Soup Baked Potato with steak and cheese.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:38 pm

The guys wanted Mc Ribs again so I got them each 2 with fries. I got a burger and loaded it up with tomato, lettuce, onions, mayo and catsup. 

For dinner we had rice pilaf, white rice, pitas with hummus and kebabs with onions, peppers and Jon had mushrooms. For dessert I made some cut out cookies with frosting.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:16 pm

For lunch I had a ham, two cheese, tomato and onion panini with mayo and homemade chips. So good.

For dinner I made cheeseburgers and steak fries. I had mine of a bed of lettuce with onions and no bun. J had green olives on his. SMH
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:46 pm

Early this morning I had Wai Wai Instant Asian Noodles. For Lunch I am eating Kimchi Rice with diced green pepper, diced onion, diced carrot, and diced celery with Red Cactus Sweet Thai Sauce and a couple dashes of hot sauce and a glass of milk.

I made Don Chunky Sirloin and Hearty Vegetable soup in the blender with a small amount of water

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:00 am

Yesterday I had Pa-Lo Duck Asian noodles, diet coke, Hot Chocolate, cottage cheese, and a Beef Sausage Sandwich with real mayo and Brownberry Organic Whole Grain Bread.

Don had Dinty Moore Beef Stew with added beef broth for blending, lots of water, and some Strawberry Banana Body Armour protein drink.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:15 pm

lol I made the Beef stew and put it over rice with onions. Love it. Made the guys chili with beans. Added beer, onions and then topped with grated Colby/Jack Cheese and Jalepenos and warmed up some cheese garlic bread. The rest of the creme horns for dessert.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:07 am

Small victory for ME!!  Don said he would not eat all of the Dinty Moore Stew and even surprised him that he did!  Now maybe he won't be so balky about pureed food.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 pm

Went to Mc Donald's so the guys could get their Mc Ribs. They each had two with fries. I got a burger and they messed it up twice and after that I gave up. We usually do not have issues like that.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:16 pm

Don complained about the manwich, so today I pureed it.  Then he decided he wanted chicken noodle soup but I was not about to run into town for that.  I pureed a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew.  He seems to be ok with that.  I am eating the leftover shepards pie that was in the freezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next