Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023

2 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023

Post by Raeja Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:47 am

Don decided he wanted to try Ham steak.  I fried one up and made mashed potatoes and beef gravy.  I ate half the steak (about 2.5 oz) and potatoes and gravy.  Looks like he had some potatoes but not the ham steak.

Right now i am eating some Cheesy Potato Soup that I made and put the leftovers in freezer.

Don did eat alot of the Barley Ground Beef Stew the other day.  I am running out of ideas because he will eat it once and not want it again for an unknown amount of time.

Back to top Go down

What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for Dinner (or any other meal) ~ 2023

Post by gina68gt Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:32 pm

The guys went to Mc Donald's and had a gross lunch. (Their words.) I had a ham and cheese with lettuce, tomato and mayo.

For dinner Jon wanted me to cook like Taco Johns lol I made soft shell tacos and loaded them up with lettuce, tomato, onions, cheese and sauce and Jon had some sour cream. I also made tater tots so they were like big tater ole's. They also had Coronas. For dessert it was more of the divinity.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:00 am

I made Barley Ground Beef Stew yesterday for lunch. Another win with Don

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:12 pm

Burgers and fries for lunch. Theirs with cheese and mine without. Mine with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and ketchup. Divinity for dessert.

For dinner making doctored Papa Murphy's pizzas. Jon had to have garlic butter with his.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:48 pm

For lunch I made ham and cheese sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo. 

For dinner we had beef kebabs with onions and J had his with red pepper. I also had pitas and hummus and made rice pilaf and me white rice. Bought some divinity for dessert. Have not had that in years.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:49 pm

Don has been talking about trying scrambled eggs.  I asked if today was the day.  He did not want scrambled eggs but wanted to try a ham and cheese omelet.   I diced the ham up fine and made his omelet.  It is cooling now before I put in fridge because he went to help the neighbor with a job in Middleton.

I also made myself a ham and cheese omelet but sauted some chopped onion, celery, and green pepper.  Both omelets were fried with bacon grease.  I also baked myself 2 hash browns and topped them with steak sauce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:38 am

Yesterday I had one of the stews I made for Don. I used tostitos to scoop it up to eat.  Had to make Mini corn dogs for him.  At least he is taking Generic Centrum Silver for Men.

Made myself some WaiWai asian noodles when I got home from work.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:35 pm

For breakfast we had eggs, bacon, toast and hash browns with onions. 

For dinner Jon did leftovers, J had chicken and made sandwiches and I had a ham and cheese sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onions and mayo. I also made an apple crisp for dessert. We were supposed  to have kebabs but J did not want to.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:22 pm

For late breakfast we had ham, egg and cheese sandwiches. 

For dinner we had chicken, potatoes and gravy, cole slaw and Jon had some leftover fries and biscuits. Had some little petit fors for dessert.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:49 am

xactly!  That is why I cut up the turkey and froze it in sections uncooked.  I was not about to make a whole turkey with stuffing to make a soup and freeze the rest.  I had to buy mini corn dogs yesterday because he wanted to try to eat  them (not all the crap I cooked and made to his preference of how thin he wanted it, then eats my portions instead.  He wanted me to make the mini corn dogs when I was going to bed.  He did not bother to cook them himself.  SMH!

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:43 pm

I know what you mean Dawn. I packed away all the leftovers except the meatloaf and froze them. I cannot afford to throw away all that food.

J made a bacon bap for lunch. Jon made a homemade sub. I made a ham and cheese sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo with chips.

For dinner we had grilled rib eyes with baked potatoes with butter, salad and rolls with butter and onion rings.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:26 am

I made scrambled eggs with sauted green pepper for my breakfast.    I was in so much pain when I got home from work and took some of my meds, which means I have to eat something or get sick to my stomach.

I guess Don had some steak stew after I laid down for the night  That Chicken and Barley Stew with Dill and lemon was another win!  Don really liked that one.

Right now I am eating some blended creamy chicken stew.  Not bad.  I have so many soups and stews that I have put in my freezer.  I need my containers.  I am not about to let all this food go to waste.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:23 pm

Sounds good Dawn!

For breakfast we had egg, ham and cheese sandwiches on toast. Made Jon a potato patty as well.

For dinner we are having bacon wrapped meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn. I am also going to finish the stuffing. For dessert the rest of the sugar cookies with frosting.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:26 pm

Today I am trying to make a Chicken and Barley stew with Dill and Fresh lemon.  Fingers crossed.  Making stuff for him to eat is an all day adventure!  I have to cut things up even tinier than need be and that means longer to cut, chop, slice, dice, and squeeze.  Driving me NUTS!!!!  I think we are done blending stage.  He isn't eating it and I will admit the taste and texture is no where as good as the original recipes.  All these recipes I am creating take longer than if he was not limited because of his mouth.  He is able to move it more and hopefully SOON I will be done with this chapter.  He does not eat most of what I have made because of it being blended.  When he ate my portion of Steak Stew, he can blend his own if he wants.  So Over Mr. Finiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:25 am

I wonder where the stored McRibs came from *LOL*

The Old School Hamburger Stew needs help. We had leftover and the liquid soaked up into the veggies. Definately have to work on that recipe

Don did eat some chopped up hot dog and wants me to pick up corn dogs for him to try. His surgery was a little over 3 weeks ago and he is sick of a full liquid diet. Not sure why cuz he sure is sucking up the beer.

Yesterday not sure what he decided to eat. I had Wai Wai Asian Noodles and Kung-Fu Onion oriental noodles and 2 handfuls of mini pretzels

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:56 pm

J has been munching all day.

I plan on making him pasta, peas and turkey and gravy for dinner. I plan on warming up my brisket, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo half sandwich with waffle fries. I have some of the sugar cookies with frosting for dessert.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:15 pm

SOB is right!

For lunch I did burgers and fries. Jon actually ate one of his stored Mc Ribs! 

For dinner we are finally going back to Papa Murphy's doctored pizzas.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:57 am

That son of a biscuit!!!  He had me blend up his portion and had to keep adding beef broth to get it to the right consistency.  I went to bed.  S.O.B. ate MY PORTION of the stew and left the blended stuff.  WTF

I am making a recipe today called "Old School Hamburger Stew"  I thought about putting the blended NY Strip Steak Stew in but decided against so I can see if the recipe is good.  I will blend the 2 tomorrow or the next day

Last edited by Raeja on Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:46 pm

Dawn, maybe he should make or get his own food now!

We have so many leftovers Jon is having some of the Polo ala Crema with garlic cheese bread. J is having some of the pasta and peas with the cut up turkey and gravy I made. I am warming up leftover rib eye steak with a small salad and maybe some toast. Made some Christmas cutout cookies and frosted them for dessert.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:08 pm

Don barely touched the manwich and potatoes.  I do notice he is eating the Reese Pieces cups, along with other stuff.  He has no problem drinking beer though.

I will kick his arse if he does not eat what I made today.  I used a McCormick beef stew seasoning.  I cut up 2 pounds of New York Strip Steak and almost 6 cups of veggies.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:44 pm

Sorry Dawn. I mentioned maybe we should have leftovers tonight because we have to many but no. 

For breakfast we had eggs, bacon, hash browns with onions, (J had to have peppers too.) and toast. J had at least double what everyone else had.
For dinner they are having Polo ala Crema with white wine. I am probably going to warm up the last of the beef kebab with veggies and make some white rice. Have some chocolate and peppermint bark brownies for dessert that Sheena made.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:49 pm

I am so fustrated with what Don will and will not eat.  I HATE picky eaters, especially if they don't bring in any money.  He really like the Turkey Barley soup but does not want more "right now".  Also froze up some cheesy potato soup and some blended turkey barley soup.

I had to run into town to buy Manwich to make him Manwich and mashe potatoes.  Added chopped onion and choopped green pepper and blended it with blender.  Also made Smoky Cheese and Bacon Idahoan instant mashed potatoes.

Today is an "F" it day.  I am eating diced turkey with mayo sandwiches on Organic whole grain bread.   It takes too long for me to figure out a soup or stew to make, on the internet, that  he will actually eat and he is starting to realize that.  Not that it does any good.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:37 pm

For dinner I made egg noodles with turkey and gravy and sides of peas and acorn squash. Small chocolate bars for dessert.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeja Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:16 pm

Don actually had a can of Chef Boy R Dee Mac and Cheese and said it was pretty good but needed chopped up beef hot dogs, so we bought some.

I am making a creamy chicken stew.  Not what I intended on doing but time was running short and I decided to try something different.  We shall see how this turns out.

Back to top Go down

Post by gina68gt Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:48 pm

J munched most of the day. For dinner I made Easy Peasy Lasagna with cheese garlic bread. (Recipe posted.) Also got them some Chianti. Some frosted sugar cookies for dessert.
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next