Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tator Tot Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich ~ This is Gluten Free

Go down

Tator Tot Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich ~ This is Gluten Free Empty Tator Tot Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich ~ This is Gluten Free

Post by Raeja Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:49 am

I saw this recipe on Facebook this morning and just had to post it
I want to try this later

TATOR TOT GRILLED CHEESE AND BACON SANDWICH

Heat up your Waffle Maker for this fabulous Dish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Makes 2 – 4 servings

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients

1 bag frozen tater tots, thawed (you will need 20 ounces or more, depending on the size of your waffle maker)

4 – 6 slices bacon, cooked

4 – 6 slices of cheddar or American cheese (or ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese)

1 green onion, sliced (optional)

Directions

Preheat a 7-inch classic waffle iron on high.

Place the thawed tater tots very close together in an even layer on the waffle iron. Close the lid and press it down, using an oven mitt or a kitchen towel to protect your hands. Cook until the tater tot waffle is crisp, about 5 – 10 minutes. (The exact time will depend on your waffle maker). Remove the waffle from the waffle iron and allow it to cool on a wire rack.

Repeat the process to make a second tater tot waffle. When the second waffle is crisp, top it with half of the cheese, the cooked bacon, and the sliced green onions. Top that with the remaining cheese, and place the first waffle on top.

Using the bottom plate of the waffle iron, heat the sandwich until the cheese has melted on the bottom waffle. When the cheese has melted, carefully flip the sandwich over and allow the cheese to melt on the other side before removing the sandwich from the iron. Cut it into quarters and serve.

I am sure you can be as creative as you want, I am thinking ham slices and chopped onion and green peppers

Tator Tot Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich ~ This is Gluten Free Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGeY19IbP4LlzYYPK8-GcF4VcCwFQrSYoj9r1RGjuVrr7_HN8p
Raeja
Raeja

Back to top Go down

Tator Tot Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich ~ This is Gluten Free Empty Re: Tator Tot Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich ~ This is Gluten Free

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:32 am

Interesting recipe.

Back to top Go down