Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (Raeja's version)

Go down

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (Raeja's version) Empty Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (Raeja's version)

Post by Raeja Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:02 am

GARLIC CHEDDAR BISCUITS
(Raeja's version)

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cold Real butter (1 stick) (frozen or solid because you will need to grate it)
1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Cheddar Cheese (I used Sharp Cheddar)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

For the tops after cooking:

3 TBS melted Butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.   In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.

Grate your butter into the bowl.  If too soft you can cut into tiny pieces.  Blend with a pastry knife to form crumbs.

Fold in the buttermilk and mix until blended.  Add cheddar cheese and garlic powder.  Mix with clean hands until blended together anbd forms a nice ball.  When it looks smooth, it is ready to roll out.  If dough is a little sticky add a tad more flour and blend well.

Roll into 1/2 inch round.  Cut into round circles using a round cutter or you can use a drinking glass (as I did).  Place in a square baking dish. Put the biscuits as close together as possible so that they will rise up and not outward.  I put parchment paper on the bottom of the pan but I am sure you could do a light spray of butter flavored cooking oil.

Bake for about 15 minutes or until it has a light golden color.

Combine The topping ingredients and brush it on top of the finished biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven.  Serve immediately.  I did have leftovers and put them in a ziploc and heated them as I wanted to eat them.  Still good and did not last many days.

Back to top Go down