Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artichoke Casserole from Vegetarian Times (Vegan)

Go down

Artichoke Casserole from Vegetarian Times (Vegan) Empty Artichoke Casserole from Vegetarian Times (Vegan)

Post by Raeja Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:27 am

• 1 9-oz. pkg. frozen artichoke hearts

• 2 to 3 Tbs. olive oil

• 1 large purple potato, unpeeled, rinsed and diced

• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced

• 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)

• 4 oz. pitted kalamata olives

• 1/2 cup soy mayonnaise

• 1 tsp. Italian seasoning mixture, or more to taste

• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
Bring large pot of water to a boil, add frozen artichoke hearts and simmer long enough to thaw, about 5 minutes. Drain off cooking water, and set pot aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, add potato and sauté 10 minutes, or until tender. Add pepper strips and garlic, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes more.
Put artichoke hearts, potato mixture and pitted olives in large mixing bowl. Add soy mayonnaise and Italian seasoning, and blend in gently but well. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper, scoop into baking dish, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Bake 15 minutes, or until breadcrumb topping is golden. Serve hot.

This recipe can be multiplied ~ I also used real mayo instead of soy

Last edited by Raeja on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Artichoke Casserole from Vegetarian Times (Vegan) Empty Re: Artichoke Casserole from Vegetarian Times (Vegan)

Post by Raeja Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:29 am

The first time I made this, was when I was still vegetarian and took it to my now ex-husbands family Christmas.  It was a big hit.  They were shocked to find out that I was vegetarian.  They all ate quite a bit of it.  The usual Rothamer spread was turkey, ham, venison, and one year we had beaver as well.

Back to top Go down