Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better than Thanksgiving Day Layered Casserole

Go down

Better than Thanksgiving Day Layered Casserole Empty Better than Thanksgiving Day Layered Casserole

Post by Raeja Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:42 am

Better than Thanksgiving Day Layered Casserole

Ingredients:

About 4 cups of Leftover Mashed Potatoes

1 cup cooked Bacon, crushed

2 eggs, beaten

Bread Crumbs

about 2-3 cups of leftover Turkey cubed in bite size pieces (I had to mince it, so Don could swallow it without chewing)

About 2 cups of leftover Stuffing

Approximately 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used the rest of my Colby Jack and also used shredded Mozzarella)

Directions:

Preheat 350F

Butter or use Pan Spray in your baking dish and sprinkle bread crumbs and coat dish.  Set aside.

Prepare potatoes by adding crushed bacon.  With Potato masher, blend together.  Beat 2 eggs and add to potato mixture and blend with potato masher as well.

Put half of potato mixture in dish, top with some shredded cheese.

Layer turkey pieces over top of mashed potatoes and add more shredded cheese.

Spread remaining mashed potatoes over turkey pieces and top with a generous amount of leftover stuffing, so that the potatoes are completely covered.  Press down a bit with a fork.

Cover with Aluminum foil (spay inside of foil to prevent stuffing from sticking).  Bake 30 minutes.

Remove foil and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes or until stuffing starts to get golden brown and crispy.

Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving

Back to top Go down

Better than Thanksgiving Day Layered Casserole Empty Re: Better than Thanksgiving Day Layered Casserole

Post by Raeja Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:27 am

Don ate alot of it but said it was kinda dry.  I agree with him.  It did have some OK flavor

Back to top Go down