Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakfast Pizza with Hashbrown Crust

Go down

Breakfast Pizza with Hashbrown Crust Empty Breakfast Pizza with Hashbrown Crust

Post by Raeja Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:07 am

BREAKFAST PIZZA WITH HASHBROWN CRUST

Ingredients:

1 package shredded hashbrowns

2 tablespoons butter, melted

3 eggs

8 slices bacon

½ cup diced ham

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Salt and pepper, for seasoning

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread the shredded hashbrowns out on a pizza pan and press into a crust shape.
Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of melted butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
While the crust is baking, fry 8 slices of bacon and make the scrambled eggs.
Remove the crust from the oven and sprinkle with the scrambled eggs
Next, crumble the bacon and sprinkle it over the eggs
Follow the bacon with the diced ham, and any other toppings you desire.
Top it all with shredded cheese.
Return the breakfast pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes
Add syrup if desired

*NOTE*:  Read the notes below on how I changed this recipe to be more like "my" cooking style and what changes I made

Last edited by Raeja on Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Breakfast Pizza with Hashbrown Crust Empty Re: Breakfast Pizza with Hashbrown Crust

Post by Raeja Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:16 am

I am starting to get stuff cooked and ready to go.  I am going to make 3 sausage patties to break up and put on it as well.  I thought about sausage links to slice up and put on but decided not to this time around.

I sprinkled black pepper and Lawry's seasoning salt on the hash brown (I got at Kwik trip because they are not frozen) and used a small rectangular pan, as I do not own a pizza pan.  I think this pan will work out better. By not using the hash browns in a frozen form, I can spread them more evenly across the pan.

I cooked the eggs last so that I could use the grease from the bacon and sauasage to cook them in.  I also added a splash of milk and used 4 eggs.

I highly doubt that we will be using pancake syrup as the recipe suggests.

Last edited by Raeja on Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing as I go along in making this recipe on the changes I did or what I am doing differently)

Back to top Go down

Breakfast Pizza with Hashbrown Crust Empty Re: Breakfast Pizza with Hashbrown Crust

Post by Raeja Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:41 am

This recipe is a disaster. I was hesitant because there was no binding ingredient for the hashbrowns. There is no flavor. It is nothing like a pizza because the only thing that stays together is the cheese and topping that cheese klings to. You will definately need a fork and knife and ketchup, hot sauce, ranch dressing, or anything else that you can think of. I added an extra egg and 3 sausage patties, cut up as well on my first try to spice it up a bit.   This might work better as a base of ingredients for a casserole but not layered.  I am thinking of how to use the rest of this to mix it up and add stuff to make it into a casserole or something more edible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down