Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Good Food Storage

Go down

Dry Good Food Storage Empty Dry Good Food Storage

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 2:04 pm

Using glass containers to store dry Dry Good Food Storage Food is a great way to keep organized and save space.

Back to top Go down

Dry Good Food Storage Empty Re: Dry Good Food Storage

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:31 pm

I've been making & storing Jerky for the last couple of weeks, really just to keep busy & keep my mind off things I'm not ready to deal with.  I found that my homemade marinade tastes so very much better than the rub & cure I bought & that was very expensive!  The marinade is easy & cheap to make too.  I use a cheap dehydrator I bought but you can also use the oven, just set it at the same temp your dehydrator is set at for the same amount of time; you can easily make 2 or 3 batches at a time.  I use a FoodSaver to bag/store the jerky; it sucks out all the air so the package of food is airtight and will last a lot longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:58 pm

I actually checked the bags of Jerky I have stored from the date above, and it's still sealed, air sucked out & tastes as good as the day I made & bagged it!  I love my Food Saver!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down