Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lasagna for 2 (and one to freeze for later)

Go down

Lasagna for 2 (and one to freeze for later) Empty Lasagna for 2 (and one to freeze for later)

Post by Raeja Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:37 am

Lasagna for 2 (and one to freeze for later)

Things you will Need:

2 Aluminum Medium size bread pans

5 Lasagna Noodles, cooked

1/2# - 1# ground pork or ground beef (depending on how much you prefer)

small onion, peeled and chopped

28 oz can of your favorite pasta sauce

Cottage cheese or ricotta for middle layer

Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Directions:

Brown Meat and chopped onion until well done and drain off fat

In each aluminum pan, spray with olive, canola, or vegetable pan spray.

Put 3 TBS sauce in bottom of each pan and lay down one lasagna noodle.  You will have to cut it to size but be sure to save the exta for later in recipe.

spread more pasta sauce on each noodle then add meat and sauce.  Top with mozzarella cheese and put the trimmed off lasagna noodles on top.

Put sauce on the noodle you just put down.  Spread cottage cheese or ricotta then top with more mozzarella and another noodle, cut to size.

Top with more sauce and meat and top with mozzarella.  Lay down last noodles, top with rest of sauce between the two pans.  Top with any leftover meat that you may have, if any.  Top with more shredded mozzarella cheese.

Put pans on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for about 30 minutes or until heated through.  

Enjoy one and let the other cool and then wrap with saran wrap and then aluminum foil.  Label and date it and put it in the freezer for another day.

Back to top Go down

Lasagna for 2 (and one to freeze for later) Empty Re: Lasagna for 2 (and one to freeze for later)

Post by Raeja Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:41 am

I made this the other day.  I had left over noodles after making a large Lasagna, so I decided to make more meal size appropriate lasagna.  We usually make a large one and give a bunch to another person in the park and eat lasagna for a few days or freeze some of it.  This seems to make more sense (and I have a huge quantity of medium aluminum pans).

I am seriously thinking about making my usual size tuna casserole, etc and portioning them into medium size bread pans for freezing.  It will save me time in the long run

Back to top Go down