Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fable: Don't Argue with Donkeys

Go down

Fable:  Don't Argue with Donkeys Empty Fable: Don't Argue with Donkeys

Post by Raeja Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:25 am

The donkey said to the tiger:
- "The grass is blue".
The tiger replied:
- "No, the grass is green."
The conversation became intense, and the pair opted to present their case for arbitration, so they approached the lion, the ruler of the Jungle.
Already before reaching the forest clearing, where the lion was sitting on his throne, the donkey began to shout:
- "His Highness, is it true that the grass is blue?".
The lion replied:
- "True, the grass is blue."
The donkey hurried and continued:
- "The tiger disagrees with me and contradicts and annoys me, please punish him."
The king then declared:
- "The tiger will be punished with 5 years of silence."
The donkey jumped cheerfully and went on his way, content and repeating:
- "The Grass Is Blue"...
The tiger accepted his punishment, but before he asked the lion:
- "Your Majesty, why have you punished me?, after all, the grass is green."
The lion replied:
- "In fact, the grass is green."
The tiger asked:
- "So why are you punishing me?".
The lion replied:
- "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green.
The punishment is because a brave and intelligent creature like you can't waste time arguing with a donkey, and on top of that come and bother me with that question."
The worst waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who does not care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on arguments that don't make sense...
There are people who, no matter how much evidence and evidence we present to them, are not in the capacity to understand, and others are blinded by ego, hatred, and resentment, and all they want is to be right even if they are not.
When ignorance screams, intelligence is silent. Your peace and quiet are worth more. Fable:  Don't Argue with Donkeys 2764

Back to top Go down

Fable:  Don't Argue with Donkeys Empty Re: Fable: Don't Argue with Donkeys

Post by Raeja Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:17 am

Sounds like me and Don on occassion when he is drunk.  He is the Donkey.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum