Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lamb Israelienne

Go down

Lamb Israelienne Empty Lamb Israelienne

Post by Raeja Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:20 am

3-4 lbs Lamb meat, cut into small-medium pieces with tallow (fat like stuff) trimmed off
4 cloves minced garlic or 1 TBS minced garlic from a jar
2 tsp salt
1-2 TBS Salad Oil
1/2 tsp rosemary
2 cans black beans, rinsed
1/2 - 1 tsp pepper (I use Lawrey's seasoned pepper)
2 cups Rose' Wine
1 Qt. Whole tomatoes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brown lamb in oil and add rest of the ingredients into  a slow cooker overnight (or 8-10 hours) or bring to a boil and simmer on stove for about 2 1/2 hours until meat is fork tender.  Serve with Rice

NOTE:  You do not need to trim the fat off, as it does add flavor but I did it for the kids because most had never had lamb and it was for the First and Second Graders.

Last edited by Raeja on Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Raeja
Raeja

Back to top Go down

Lamb Israelienne Empty Re: Lamb Israelienne

Post by Raeja Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:05 am

I love this recipe.  I use to teach Sunday School and I use to have a "Christian Banquet" every year for the students.  I would prepare all the things that would have been available in Jesus' time and the kids would wear sheets as togas.  I recently suggested this to my church, since we have a new pastor and wanted fun ideas that the church could do.  I said I would assist but not be a coordinator.  Getting to old for that.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum