Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Diggity Dog Cowboy Stew

Go down

Hot Diggity Dog Cowboy Stew Empty Hot Diggity Dog Cowboy Stew

Post by Raeja Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:33 am

Hot Diggity Dog Cowboy Stew

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef, browned, Drain if you prefer (I used 80/20 and did not drain. Need the calorie and fat count for Don.  Also the added flavor enhancer)

1 medium onion (about 1 cup)  chopped 

1- 28 oz can Bush's Country Style Baked Beans

4-6  Beef Hot Dogs, cut into 1/2" slices (the short way)

3/4 - 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray Barbeque Sauce (use 1 cup if using more than 4 hot dogs)

2 - 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes

1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack but think a medium to sharp cheddar would add more flavor)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Directions:

In a stew pot, cook beef and onion over medium heat until cooked through (don't over cook the beef)

Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.

Bring to a boil, then reduce to low to medium low.  Cover and simmer until it is heated through and the flavors have blended together.

Added note:

You can top with with your favorite shedded cheese 

I did not use salt or pepper because of all the salt in the diced tomatoes, etc.  I did add a little black pepper to mine after it was done.

This recipe can easily be doubled without flavor compromising.  1 regular size pack of beef hot dogs should be enough unless you like your stew more dense.

Last edited by Raeja on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Hot Diggity Dog Cowboy Stew Empty Re: Hot Diggity Dog Cowboy Stew

Post by Raeja Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:34 am

Don went nuts over this one and Condon took some home and was only going to eat half and the rest later.  Needless to say, he ate it all in one sitting.  The guys still talk about this one.

Back to top Go down