Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemade Zucchini Tomato sauce

Go down

Homemade Zucchini Tomato sauce Empty Homemade Zucchini Tomato sauce

Post by Raeja Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:32 am

I HATE COPY AND PASTING OF RECIPES
HOWEVER, it won't let me print it out 
to copy and try.  I need to save this
because I think I will be trying this soon.
I lost alot of recipes when I moved and lived 
in a motel for 3+ months.
This is the closest I have found to mine,
will add my adjustments when I make this
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Homemade Zucchini Tomato sauce
Yields 4 quarts or 8 pints

Yields 8 pints or 4 quarts
5 lbs fresh zucchini, unpeeled with ends trimmed
2 28-oz cans tomato sauce (I prefer Muir Glen)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
3-5 cloves freshly crushed garlic, depending on your tastebuds
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried basil
Salt for Mason jars
  • Sterilize jars, lids and rings.  Set aside.
  • Wash zucchini. Do not peel. Cut into 1/2 inch chunks keeping in mind how chunky you want your sauce to be when serving.  Weigh cut up zucchini and set aside.
  • Combine tomato puree, onion, green pepper, garlic and spices. Bring to a boil. Hint: Use a deep pot to contain some of the splatter. Stir often and take care it doesn’t scorch.
  • Once it comes to a boil, add the zucchini. Stir often and bring again to a boil.  Taste sauce and make any spice or garlic adjustments.
  • Put 1/2 teaspoon salt into each sterilized jar.
  • Use a funnel to pack jars with hot zucchini sauce mixture.
  • Run a non-metal spatula around the inside of the jar to remove any air pockets.  You will want a 1/2″ headspace.
  • Wipe jar rims and threads. Place sterilized lids on jars and screw lids on to finger tight.
  • Place jars in pressure canner and process according to manufacturer’s directions:  Pints at 10 lbs. for 25 minutes, quarts at 10 lbs. for 40 minutes.
  • Remove from heat. Allow pressure to reduce naturally.
  • Check seals and label. Refrigerate any jars that haven’t sealed and use within a few days.  Sauce will keep in pantry for up to one year.

Here is the web address where I found this:  https://thefeedfeed.com/chezlarae/homemade-zucchini-tomato-sauce

Back to top Go down