Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edible Play Dough

Go down

Edible Play Dough Empty Edible Play Dough

Post by gina68gt Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:37 pm

Edible Play Dough Recipe for Toddlers

Edible Play Dough Play-dough-1.png

How to make Edible Play Dough

Ingredients

1. Plain all purpose flour
2. Cooking oil ( I used sunflower oil)
3. Food colors – The food colors can either be liquid or powder. I used a powder, to which I added water to make a solution.
4. Salt and a Pinch of Sugar
5. Water

Method
1. Take the flour in a large bowl.

2. To the flour add the required amount of salt and sugar.

3. Pour water into the flour and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in it.

4. Knead the dough evenly, if required more oil can be added.

5. If it is sticky, add more flour.

6. When a soft consistency is attained, make the dough into small sections with craters.

7. In the craters pour the food colors.

8. Use a glove ( I have used a surgical glove, as we have a bunch always at home, kitchen gloves also work fine) to mix the individual dough. Please lubricate the gloves with oil, as the dough may stick with the glove. Please use a separate glove for each color or wash after mixing each color.

9. An alternative method, the dough can be placed in a zip lock polythene bag, close the zip and knead the dough into the color required.
10. Viola!!! Your Edible Play Dough is ready!!!

Believe me, it is not that easy as this sounds, it takes multiple attempts to master the art of blending the dough to the perfect consistency.
Natural food colors like beetroot, carrot juice can also be used instead of synthetic colors. 

Last edited by Raeja on Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Making recipe more user friendly, printer friendly, and easier to read DBR)
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down