Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow Cooker Chicken Parmagiana

2 posters

Go down

Slow Cooker Chicken Parmagiana Empty Slow Cooker Chicken Parmagiana

Post by gina68gt Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:52 pm

Ingredients

• 1 lb lean ground chicken, or turkey
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 2 large eggs
  • ½ cup breadcrumbs, (I use gluten-free)
  • 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 cup prepared pasta sauce, divided
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

Preparation

Use a 6-quart slow cooker with an inserted 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1⁄2 cup of the pasta sauce, and 1⁄2 cup of the cheese.

Mix well (I use my hands) and press the meat into the loaf pan. Smear the remaining pasta sauce on top, and top with the remaining cheese.

Lower the pan into the cooker insert (do not add water) and cover. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.

Last edited by Raeja on Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Making more user friendly and easier to read DBR)
gina68gt
gina68gt
Owner

Back to top Go down

Slow Cooker Chicken Parmagiana Empty Re: Slow Cooker Chicken Parmagiana

Post by Raeja Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:32 pm

This is different than what I do.  I do pretty much the same however I use boneless skinless chicken breasts and bread them and use pasta sauce or Alfredo sauce.  I use an 8x8 or 8x9 baking pan which will hold 3-4 breasts.

Back to top Go down