Universal Friends & Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GI Joe Day ~ 1 February

Go down

GI Joe Day ~ 1 February  Empty GI Joe Day ~ 1 February

Post by Raeja Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:26 am

GI Joe Day ~ 1 February  Feb01_Pablo-elder_shs

G.I. Joes were introduced on the market by Hasbro in February, 1964. Hasbro was hoping to recreate the success of their Barbie dolls with a similar toy for boys. At the time, people didn't want their boys playing with "dolls" because dolls were girl toys. So Hasbro coined the term "action figure" to market their G.I. Joes. This branding led to massive success. Hasbro and many other companies still use the term today. A Cartoon inspired by the toy, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero aired from 1983 - 1987 and further cemented the toy in the American culture. They may not be the most popular toys today, but G.I. Joes have had a huge effect on the industry by inspiring so many of the toys that followed. That is definitely something worth celebrating!

Back to top Go down

GI Joe Day ~ 1 February  Empty Re: GI Joe Day ~ 1 February

Post by Raeja Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:54 am

History of GI Joe Day

https://nationaltoday.com/g-i-joe-day/#:~:text=Joe%20Day-,G.I.,by%20Hasbro%2C%20a%20toy%20company.

GI Joe use to date Barbie, go swimming with Barbie, Stacy, and the rest of the girls and even go Camping with all the girls, back in the 70's at our house.  Now he is too small in all ways to even be in competition to date Barbie and her friends.  So Sad

Back to top Go down